Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe US Summit 2019 - Announcing the second Haxe Summit in the United States.
- The Haxe US Summit tickets are now vailable. Tickets are now
- Andy Li - Building Giffon with Serverless and Haxe.
- Hugh Sanderson - XhX - 10 years of Haxe.
- Ryan Davis will talk about using Haxe for database engine building.
- Thomas .J Webb from Osaka Red LLC will talk about audio development with Haxe.
- You can submit your talk proposals for this years US Haxe Summit 2019 via the online form by Josefiene Pertosa.
- Photos from previous Haxe meetups via Josefiene Pertosa.
- Hugh Sanderson and Andy Li will be at US HaxeSummit 2019.
- Vadim Dyachenko wrote a blog post about what projects he’s been using Haxe for.
- Dead Cells had been nominated for 2019 British Academy Games Awards in the Original Property category!
- The Heart of Dead Cells is half artbook, half making-of.
- Studio NX gave a talk at the Mail.ru Group office meetup about the conversion of Chronicles of Chaos from Flash to HTML5 using a fork of as3hx
git. Checkout the full transctipt, which is in Russion.
gitis a new library for parsing and rendering TrueType fonts (based on Jan Flander’s hxswfml library) by Jonas Nyström.
- New post on the Hegemone Pass devlog! Stealth… JRPG?
- Rémi Verschelde and Nicolas Cannasse will meet at GDC to discuss Haxe and the Godot game engine. Who knows what might happen with some Haxe and GDNative magic… And here is a reddit thread about it.
- Tiny Dangerous Dungeons has been featured on the front pages of Steam and itch.io!
- There was a talk about Business and Marketing of Dead Cells by Steve Filby at GDC.
- Stencyl 4 is finally stable and available for download.
- The Haxe 2018 survey results have finally been published, thanks to Valentin Lemière.
- Haxe Survey 2019 - The Results and follow-up discussion.
- A new article from Jaime Domínguez, How to profile Haxe HXCPP with Visual Studio.
- Announcement trailer for Nintendo Switch version of Double Kick Heroes, a game made with OpenFL.
- Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh is nominated for Excellence in Design at Independent Games Festival 2019.
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- Anthony has streamed his game jam process on twitch this Sunday (stream is in French). He used HaxeFlixel for the game engine.
- Kha Tutorial - EP119 - Actuate Tween.
- Kha Tutorial - EP120 - Delta Tween.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Double Kick Heroes will be at PAX East 2019 (28-31 March).
- Sebastien Benard, the Lead Game Designer of the Haxe-powered game Dead Cells, is announced as a speaker for the Reboot Development Blue game development conference at 11th-13th April 2019 in Dubrovnik, Croatia.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Come speak in the Haxe Track at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 14-15 June 2019 by Andy Li.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Job offer in Durban, South Africa by Christopher Mandlbaur.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!.
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Huge free update for Northgard Relics is available now. Checkout the full patch notes.
- New update for Kanyon Karver is out: new balance, improved UI and much more.
- The Attraction Force game by Ohsat Games is available now from itch.io.
- Jetstream game (made with OpenFL) by Clockwork Acorn is arriving on desktop on 2 April.
- Tiny garden generator made with OpenFL and Away3D by Oleg Dolya.
- Tiny Dangerous Dungeons by Jussi Simpanen can be purchased through itch.io.
- Free new dungeon update coming to Super Dangerous Dungeons on 27th of March.
- The first free DLC for Dead Cells called “Rise of the Giant” will hit PC on March 28th. You can already check out the DLC’s Steam page.
- Northgard is in the Humble Bundle Monthly!
- The Open Beta for the Northgard Relics update is available now! To get your code, fill in this survey form.
- Something big is coming for OVERWHELM game. What it could be? Oh, it’s Nintendo Switch port which will come out on 4th of April with the new co-op mode (will be available only on the Nintendo Switch).
- Game Boy inspired mini-metroidvania Tiny Dangerous Dungeons by Jussi Simpanen is now out on Steam.
- Spellbreak is a new battle royale RPG with epic magic combat by Proletariat Inc..
- HaxeVM is a prototype compiler/virtual machine in Haxe for Haxe.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Nanjizal has implemented a trilateral test of Johnathon Selstad’s short intro to constraints. Checkout the online demo and sources for it on GitHub.
- Some generative arts from Matthijs Kamstra:
- A couple of GIFs from Lewis Lepton showing his little tween library in action, working example of the tween in action and a demo of states fading in & out of each other.
- The assimp library, which supports 46 3D formats, is getting ported to Haxe. Thanks to renderhjs for the link.
- Gabrielle is working on something new with HaxeFlixel.
- Havana24 have made “No Duck’s Sky” - a “parody” game of No Man’s Sky but with ducks.
- Couple of images from WIP game Frontier Story by jmw, Penguin believes that he can fly and home.
- Alex Johansson has revamped the graphics for TAPS N TRAPS. It’s still a pretty placeholder at this point, but the core gameplay loop feels solid. And here is some new footage of the game working on tablet.
- WIP screenshot from the game which is being made with Kha by RblSb. He is planning to release it on web and Android targets.
- New screenshots and videos from the game Ben Simms is working on:
- New tileset for some levels in Kelin Kelilin game which is being made with HaxeFlixel.
- 3D is like whole other dimension by Peter Achberger. Checkout the playable demo.
- Sneak peek of one of the new puzzle mechanics for Phantom Path game by Kirill Poletaev.
- Couple of screenshots from Attraction Force game by Ohsat Games, Finally starting to figure out shaders and Toying around with ideas to make the background a bit more interesting.
- Alexandre Bianchi has played with Heaps.io, resulting in Quite happy and Not sure that I really undestand light screenshots.
- Couple of GIFs from Renaine by Octosoft, New coins in Renaine, bigger coins = more money, more money = more problems and Beat up cute red and white creatures to record info about them in the bestiary.
- New GIF from George showing new walk cycle with 50% more derp!
- New GIF showing new ice sliding mechanic for Super Dangerous Dungeons by Jussi Simpanen.
- Rat King and Jana Reinhardt are still building their card roguelike game - it’s like a dungeon crawler, but everything is cards. Right now they’re working on dungeon generator. And they hope that they can finish this little prototype this week.
git- A sample to check OpenGL memory usage with haxe-lime.
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default implementations within interfaces proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
40~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[eval]Support threads when debugging merged.
- Add some thread tests and fix eval merged.
- Final vs. never vs. null pull request & discussion.
- Haxe in Haxe notes, avoid OCaml and use JVM or HXCPP discussion for Haxe
[eval]Rework capture variable handling merged.
@:usingnot working on interfaces issue & discussion.
- Static extension
@:usingdoesn’t seem to work on abstract fixed.
@:usingshould work on typedefs issue.
- Reconstruct do-loops pull request.
[null safety]Null safety errors in inlined code issue.
[php]Improve generation of anonymous objects declaration with a
50%speed improvement issue.
[js]Move Typed Array classes from
- Inline at call site does not work for abstracts fixed.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!