Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe US Summit 2019 - Announcing the second Haxe Summit in the United States.
- The Haxe US Summit tickets are now vailable. Tickets are now
- Andy Li - Building Giffon with Serverless and Haxe.
- Hugh Sanderson - XhX - 10 years of Haxe.
- Ryan Davis will talk about using Haxe for database engine building.
- Thomas .J Webb from Osaka Red LLC will talk about audio development with Haxe.
- You can submit your talk proposals for this years US Haxe Summit 2019 via the online form by Josefiene Pertosa.
- Photos from previous Haxe meetups via Josefiene Pertosa.
- Hugh Sanderson and Andy Li will be at US HaxeSummit 2019.
- How to implement a new Haxe target? discussion and tips from compiler devs and community.
- The upcoming ArmorPaint version will have new text tool. Drop in a font file and stamp text onto objects. Text has active material applied.
- A new article from Jaime Domínguez, How to profile Haxe HXCPP with Visual Studio.
- Interview with Terry Cavanagh on Gamasutra: Road to the IGF: Cavanagh, Houston, & Dobbe’s Dicey Dungeons.
1.27.0for Mars Tomorrow is online. At least the web version of the game is written with Haxe and OpenFL (just check out JS code of the client and you’ll see that it’s generated with Haxe).
- Stencyl 4 is finally stable and available for download.
- The Haxe 2018 survey results have finally been published, thanks to Valentin Lemière.
- Haxe Survey 2019 - The Results and follow-up discussion.
- Announcement trailer for Nintendo Switch version of Double Kick Heroes, a game made with OpenFL.
- WWE announced a partnership with Massive Interactive.
- Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh is nominated for Excellence in Design at Independent Games Festival 2019.
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- Kha Tutorial - EP117 - Canvas Refine Library.
- Kha Tutorial - EP118 - Shader Object Refine Library.
- There was programming stream (in French) by the guys from Spirkop studio about development of Cookin’Truck, a game which is being made with Haxe and Phaser. And now the game could be played on tablets.
- Nothing Idle Clicker new trailer by Agustin Perez Fernandez. Get it for Android.
- Videos from HaxeUp Saint-Petersburg (in Russian).
- Heaps Game Engine – The Awesome Haxe Engine powering Dead Cells - a new video from Gamefromscratch.
- There was HTML5 meetup at the office of Mail.ru Group in Moscow, Russia on 13th of March. One of the talks was about using Haxe - “Studio NX team’s experience of porting Chaos Chronicles game from Flash to HTML5. What we did right and what we did wrong” by Dmitry Skvortsov from Studio NX. Here is the recording (in Russian).
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Double Kick Heroes will be at PAX East 2019 (28-31 March).
- Sébastien Bénard will be talking about Dead Cells design at GDC 2019.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Come speak in the Haxe Track at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 14-15 June 2019 by Andy Li.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- The Moonshine IDE team are asking for help to bring their IDE to Haxe.
- Job offer in Durban, South Africa by Christopher Mandlbaur.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!.
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Gabrielle has finished her
7DRLentry “Timmy can’t punch”, a game where Timmy (you!) have to face hordes of endless monsters. You can’t fight but you can dodge and let the enemies kill each other.
- Current state of RatKing’s
7DRLentry - still a lot to do, but they will finish it in any case!
- Game: Platformer Land [Alpha] by Fernando Gamboa. It was made as a final assignment for the course “Videogame Development (II)” for the Bachelor on Game Design & Development.
- The first free DLC for Dead Cells called “Rise of the Giant” will hit PC on March 28th. You can already check out the DLC’s Steam page. And yes, Rise of the Giant will hit all consoles as well but a bit later.
- Free new dungeon update coming to Super Dangerous Dungeons on 27th of March.
- Northgard is in the Humble Bundle Monthly!
- The Open Beta for the Northgard Relics update is available now! To get your code, fill in this survey form.
- Something big is coming for OVERWHELM game. What it could be? Oh, it’s Nintendo Switch port which will come out on 4th of April with the new co-op mode (will be available only on the Nintendo Switch).
- Game Boy inspired mini-metroidvania Tiny Dangerous Dungeons by Jussi Simpanen is now out on Steam. Get it at
-10%launch discount until 8th of March! And here is a little review of the game.
- The Limited Run of Defender’s Quest looks great.
- Spellbreak is a new battle royale RPG with epic magic combat by Proletariat Inc..
- HaxeVM is a prototype compiler/virtual machine in Haxe for Haxe.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- New generative art sketches from Matthijs Kamstra:
git- a lightweight implementation of Adobe Flash XFL and related things and GSAP library tweens for Haxe/OpenFL by Andreas Drewke.
- Juraj Kirchheim have added full unicode support to HXX (the Haxe counterpart to JSX).
- Curved district labels for Medieval Fantasy City Generator has been added by Oleg Dolya. But something still needs fixing. And here is a comparison of curvilinear district labels and (improved) straight horizontal labels.
- Nanjizal has played with Martian Colour wheel and added it to TrilateralXtra library and created demo for it.
- Nanjizal has also updated hxTShopify and its demo.
- Tommy Brosman is trying to make heaps-android
gitwork. Currently he’s fixed linker errors when building OpenAL. Hope he will succeed!
- Ian Harrigan is working on a home automation node based editor for logic. Of course it’s made with HaxeUI! And Ian is promising to release externs for z-wave soon.
- Austin East is working on the demo for his soon-to-be-released game framework (I believe it’s his ghost ECS Game Framework built on top of Heaps).
- The latest news about Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh, Enemy design audit for
v0.16and trying out a new “redo turn” Limit Break for the “You Choose, You Lose” episode rules. This episode might appear in
- New GIFs from SHOTDOGS game by Alex Johansson:
- New Quest Log and new Linerian Field Guide (defeat enemies to collect info about them) for Renaine game.
- Test of game libs and OpenFL is winning.
- New version of PRG Playground features new lobby that contains the top/latest community games and it has been released on itch.io. By the way, you can influence RPG Playground’s roadmap by voting on your favorite features (AND “favorite” bugs).
- Developers of SUPER Cute Alien have added a new hack mechanic. Story content next!
- This week Peter Achberger been working on generating navmesh for his RPG game. Here are a few GIFs showing his progress:
- First step in pathfinding. Generating navmesh source data by cutting out obstacles.
- That was faster than I expected. Thanks to hxDaedalus
- It’s a mesh!.
- AI and pathfinding make a good combo. We can now play fetch without getting stuck!
- New pixel art for Frontier Story game by jmw.
- Syo is currently working on docking mechanics for Jitter Sandbox.
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
[json2object]Experimental Json Schema support being worked on in the
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default implementations within interfaces proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
38~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[wip]Use Haxerserver closed.
[nullsafety]false-positive in pattern matching issue.
[eval]Finish Eval thread API merged.
[eval]Various optimizations merged.
- Can’t use both
@:resolveon the same field issue.
- Reconstruct do-loops pull request.
[null safety]Null safety errors in inlined code issue.
- Static extension
@:usingdoesn’t seem to work on abstract fixed.
[wip]Improve parser error handling merged.
[php]Improve generation of anonymous objects declaration with a
50%speed improvement issue.
[lua]Lua vanilla CI pull request.
@:usingshould work on typedefs issue.
[js]Move Typed Array classes from
- Inline at call site does not work for abstracts fixed.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!