Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe US Summit 2019 - Announcing the second Haxe Summit in the United States.
- The Haxe US Summit tickets are now vailable. Tickets are now
- Ryan Davis will talk about using Haxe for database engine building.
- Thomas .J Webb from Osaka Red LLC will talk about audio development with Haxe.
- You can submit your talk proposals for this years US Haxe Summit 2019 via the online form by Josefiene Pertosa.
- Photos from previous Haxe meetups via Josefiene Pertosa.
- Hugh Sanderson and Andy Li will be at US HaxeSummit 2019.
- Speak Up! - The US HaxeSummit 2019.
- The Haxe 2018 survey results have finally been published, thanks to Valentin Lemière.
- Small blogpost (in Russian) with some photos about the recent HaxeUp in Saint-Petersburg.
- Stencyl 4 is finally stable and available for download.
- Consider adding a minimum Haxe version property to
- Threads, untyped CPP data and the garbage collector discussion.
- The discussion on Defold forum about using Haxe continues, gaining increased interest.
- A small update for Dicey Dungeons is out, fixing a few small things from
v0.16big update. Here’s the changelog.
- HEAPS.IO, UN MOTEUR DE JEU SOUS HAXE - A blogpost from Benjamin François about his first impressions on Heaps.io.
- DO Games (a company which handles porting across all major platforms, and which ported some of the Haxe games for consoles) gives some tips on porting your game.
- Big Twitter thread by Gabrielle about the game she is making for
- Some facts about upcoming ArmorPaint
- New ArmorPaint development builds are now up if you feel adventurous, approaching the
- Fill tool in
0.6can fill individual faces. Will get more robust for painting colour id maps & masking. Full process runs on the gpu.
- Advancing the decal tool in ArmorPaint. Applies all channels at once and supports opacity masking now.
- New ArmorPaint development builds are now up if you feel adventurous, approaching the
- The full movie about Motion Twin is finally here! It’s basically the story of Dead Cells, including a sneak peek of their upcoming free DLC (watch out for spoilers!), some pretty bad jokes and a strong baguette accent.
- Haxe Survey 2019 - The Results and follow-up discussion.
- ES6 class generation is now available in nightly builds by Dan Korostelev.
- Announcement trailer for Nintendo Switch version of Double Kick Heroes, a game made with OpenFL.
- WWE announced a partnership with Massive Interactive.
- Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh is nominated for Excellence in Design at Independent Games Festival 2019.
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- New video from Lewis Lepton: Kha Tutorial - EP116 - Setup Visual Studio Code.
- New video (in Russian) from Igor Vasilev about debugging Haxe C++ applications in VSCode.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Double Kick Heroes will be at PAX East 2019 (28-31 March).
- Sébastien Bénard will be talking about Dead Cells design at GDC 2019.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Come speak in the Haxe Track at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 14-15 June 2019 by Andy Li.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Make a JS target implementation of
*.vm.Threadusing Web Workers for
- The Moonshine IDE team are asking for help to bring their IDE to Haxe.
- Matt Braun has a business associate who is looking for Haxe talent. Anyone available for Haxe architect and development work should get in contact with him.
- Job offer in Durban, South Africa by Christopher Mandlbaur.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!.
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Northgard is in the Humble Bundle Monthly!
- The Open Beta for the Northgard Relics update is available now! To get your code, fill in this survey form.
- Something big is coming for OVERWHELM game. What it could be? Oh, it’s Nintendo Switch port which will come out on 4th of April with the new co-op mode (will be available only on the Nintendo Switch).
- Game Boy inspired mini-metroidvania Tiny Dangerous Dungeons by Jussi Simpanen is now out on Steam. Get it at
-10%launch discount until 8th of March! And here is a little review of the game.
- You are the Grimoire, a game made in Haxe in 48 hours for
- Squish Machine is a nice and chunky Stencyl game which was featured worldwide by Apple.
- Dicey Dungeons
v0.16is available on itch.io. Featuring: Return of the Jester, Cutscenes, Tutorial, and Irish translation. Full update notes. Alpha version seem to be very popular - it holds its place in the top sellers on itch.io.
- The Limited Run of Defender’s Quest looks great.
- Spellbreak is a new battle royale RPG with epic magic combat by Proletariat Inc..
- HaxeVM is a prototype compiler/virtual machine in Haxe for Haxe.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- flixel-pixel-perfect by Austin East is a simple example demonstrating how to achieve “Pixel Perfect” rendering with Haxeflixel.
- Gauthier B has updated the Super Mario message service which is made with Haxe and Phaser.
- Dan Korostelev has updated hxdefold to latest engine APIs (Defold
1.2.148) and added hot-reloading support \o/.
- hxTShopify and folderNode are moving forward, like adding functionality to save a product to binary file with help of
- In case you were wondering about how this vshaxe thing works…
- Jordon have released sources for the Robo Wall Crawler - a game he made for his kids in
2014with Haxe and HaxePunk. Sources are available at GitHub and Gitlab.
- New generative art sketches from Matthijs Kamstra with sources available at his gitHub:
- Some news about Overlink from Danny Yaroslavski;
- A few GIFs form Peter Achberger’s WIP RPG game which he is making with Haxe and Phaser:
- My foray into shaders begins with making things gray.
- It’s alive! Color grading using lookup table.
- And here is the shader code for the previous effect.
- Fetch! Who’s a good boy!?
- I wonder what’s next on my TODO list… Oh, right.
- Made a small tool to visualize the current state of AI behavior tree. In the future it should help with debugging.
- Some news from RPG Playground:
- Working on the new entry point of RPG Playground. Here you can create your own game, or play adventures made by others.
- New lobby will enable RPG Playground to be put on various platforms such as itch.io, kongregate, etc. Your shared game will be instantly playable by everyone!
- Some stats: Out of
10.584user created projects,
140were shared on the forum with title and description.
- Ben Simms has been working on a Ridiculous Fishing style ending for his game’s levels.
- Your magnet gun is broken, so it can only pull… from the new game called “Attraction Force” by Ohsat Games. A playable alpha build will be available soon.
- Debugging custom hierarchical FSM for Jitter sandbox.
- Preview of the upcoming version of Control Your Tongue by Nightblade.
- Wardy’s first attempt at building something in HaxeFlixel. Just need to get some more suitable audio and scale it properly but it’s mostly there.
- Alex Johansson continues his work on SHOTDOGS. He’s working through list of feedback on the game.
- jmw has added penguins in Frontier Story game since he reached 120 Patrons goal.
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- None this week.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default implementations within interfaces proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
38~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[null safety]Null safety errors in inlined code issue.
[lua]Printing of recursive values causes stack overflow issue.
[php]Improve generation of anonymous objects declaration with a
50%speed improvement issue.
[wip]Improve parser error handling merged.
- Static extension
@:usingdoesn’t seem to work on abstract fixed.
matchon variable name fixed.
- Can’t define enum abstracts from other abstracts issue.
[lua]Lua vanilla CI pull request.
@:usingshould work on typedefs issue.
[js]Move Typed Array classes from
- Inline at call site does not work for abstracts fixed.
- Null safety feature has been merged.
- Invalid constructor inheritance when extending classes that extend extern classes issue.
- Improved testing of DCE and compilation server tests merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!