Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe US Summit 2019 - Announcing the second Haxe Summit in the United States.
- The Haxe US Summit tickets are now vailable. Early bird tickets are
$299.00, but after 28th February they will cost
- You can submit your talk proposals for this years US Haxe Summit 2019 via the online form by Josefiene Pertosa.
- Photos from previous Haxe meetups via Josefiene Pertosa.
- Upvote support for Haxe language at Repl.it Cloud IDE. Thanks to ʇ0mmy for the link.
- The full movie about Motion Twin is finally here! It’s basically the story of Dead Cells, including a sneak peek of their upcoming free DLC (watch out for spoilers!), some pretty bad jokes and a strong baguette accent.
- Using Haxe and the Defold game engine article and video by GameFromScratch.
- Help design an Armory Community Survey discussion.
- Go and vote for Haxe as the best programming language! (you don’t need account to upvote).
- Haxe Survey 2019 - The Results and follow-up discussion.
- ES6 class generation is now available in nightly builds by Dan Korostelev.
- Early ES6 class generation documentation by Dan Korostelev.
- Help Robin create getting started guides on how to install Haxe for PHP, Python, Java, CPP and OpenFL.
4.0.0-rc.1is here! Checkout the changelog and download from the Haxe website.
- Announcement trailer for Nintendo Switch version of Double Kick Heroes, a game made with OpenFL.
- WWE announced a partnership with Massive Interactive.
- Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh is nominated for Excellence in Design at Independent Games Festival 2019.
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- A new video from SUPER Cute Alien, Your sarcasm chip is working! and a few concept arts.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- David Elahee will be at Indie Game Nation tomorrow!
- Neil Akhmetov will give a talk about Haxe usage for game UI development at The Big Deal Conference this Saturday. Unfortunately videos from the conference won’t be available.
- There will be little Haxe meetup in Saint-Petersburg, Russia on 2nd of March. More details will be available soon.
- Sébastien Bénard will be talking about Dead Cells design at GDC 2019.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Come speak in the Haxe Track at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 14-15 June 2019 by Andy Li.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Make a JS target implementation of
*.vm.Threadusing Web Workers for
- The Moonshine IDE team are asking for help to bring their IDE to Haxe.
- Matt Braun has a business associate who is looking for Haxe talent. Anyone available for Haxe architect and development work should get in contact with him.
- Job offer in Durban, South Africa by Christopher Mandlbaur.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!.
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- You are the Grimoire, a game made in Haxe in 48 hours for
- Squish Machine is a nice and chunky Stencyl game which was featured worldwide by Apple.
- Dicey Dungeons
v0.16is available on itch.io. Featuring: Return of the Jester, Cutscenes, Tutorial, and Irish translation. Full update notes. Alpha version seem to be very popular - it holds its place in the top sellers on itch.io.
- VIDEOGAME OST Pack for Double Kick Heroes is out RIGHT NOW.
- The Limited Run of Defender’s Quest looks great.
- Survival GGJ 2019 entry, with source available on GitHub by John Doughty.
- Ostranauts is a Noir spaceship-life sim set in the NEO Scavenger universe. Coming in late 2019 to Steam.
- Spellbreak is a new battle royale RPG with epic magic combat by Proletariat Inc..
- HaxeVM is a prototype compiler/virtual machine in Haxe for Haxe.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- New generative art sketches from Matthijs Kamstra:
- Samuel Twidale updated his procedural name generator. Checkout the demo.
- Dan Korostelev updated hxdefold library to support the latest Defold API version
1.2.147, fixed Haxe 4 support, simplified setup and added a quick-start script. Here’s a nice thread to discuss Haxe language use cases with Defold.
- Nanjizal got Shopify REST working with Haxe. Rough library version is available at GitHub.
- SHOTDOGS TestFlight by Alex Johansson.
- A couple of GIFs from Peter Achberger’s RPG game, Testing performance. So far so good. 1000 happy dogs and Bark bark! Let’s play! Wait!? Where’s my log? Oh there it is.
- Jussi Simpanen is working on new levels and mechanics for Total Party Kill’s upcoming mobile version (in Stencyl).
- You can now play 30 original levels of Overlink, right in your browser. And some changes already made in response to users suggestions, You can now draw paths from both ends and Arrow keys for rotation.
- Dead lad from Leapin Lads game by Cory Martin.
- A small look at ExaStar’s debug console, filled with custom commands.
- Shrapnel Axes is already available in the Steam alpha branch of Dead Cells, coming soon to everyone with the DLC.
- Acid returned to further development on his 2D RPG game which he is making with HaxeFlixel.
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- None this week.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default implementations within interfaces proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
44~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
@:exposefor classes in packages is broken fixed.
[lua]Lua vanilla CI pull request.
@:usingshould work on typedefs issue.
[nullsafety]Constant object literals with nullable fields issue.
[nullsafety]Loose null safety vs while loops fixed.
[js]Move Typed Array classes from
[js-es=6]Unexpected "Must call
super()coinstructor before accessing
[js-es=6]Invalid identifiers in es6 method declarations fixed.
- Inline at call site does not work for abstracts fixed.
- Add detailed information to
Standard library not founderror merged.
- Null safety feature has been merged.
- Unroll arrays from arguments of inlined functions issue.
[typer]Abstract constructors shouldn’t be allowed to return a value issue.
- Invalid constructor inheritance when extending classes that extend extern classes issue.
- Improved testing of DCE and compilation server tests merged.
- Rare issue with compiler cache issue.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!