Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe US Summit 2019 - Announcing the second Haxe Summit in the United States.
- The Haxe US Summit tickets are now vailable. Early bird tickets are
$299.00, but after 28th February they will cost
- You can submit your talk proposals for this years US Haxe Summit 2019 via the online form by Josefiene Pertosa.
- Photos from previous Haxe meetups via Josefiene Pertosa.
- Haxe Survey 2019 - The Results and follow-up discussion.
- ES6 class generation is now available in nightly builds by Dan Korostelev.
- Early ES6 class generation documentation by Dan Korostelev.
- Early draft of Getting started with Haxe for C# by Robin.
- Help Robin create getting started guides on how to install Haxe for PHP, Python, Java, CPP and OpenFL.
- Go and vote for Haxe as the best programming language! (you don’t need account to upvote).
0.6had been released this week on both itch.io and GitHub, but without release notes. Lubos is working on them as well as new examples and manual.
- Design Diary: The Jester from Terry Cavanagh.
- Come speak in the Haxe Track at Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2019 by Andy Li. Aleksandr Kuzmenko will apply.
- Little Twitter thread about design issue Lars Doucet is having in Defender’s Quest 2.
4.0.0-rc.1is here! Checkout the changelog and download from the Haxe website.
2.6.0of the Haxe extension for VSCode is now available, including debugging support for Haxe 4’s new macro interpreter and markdown highlighting in doc comments.
- Announcement trailer for Nintendo Switch version of Double Kick Heroes, a game made with OpenFL.
- WWE announced a partnership with Massive Interactive.
- Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh is nominated for Excellence in Design at Independent Games Festival 2019.
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- There will be video about Motion Twin available on Monday. Checkout the “teaser trailer”.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- There will be little Haxe meetup in Saint-Petersburg, Russia on 2nd of March. More details will be available soon.
- Sébastien Bénard will be talking about Dead Cells design at GDC 2019.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- The Moonshine IDE team are asking for help to bring their IDE to Haxe.
- Matt Braun has a business associate who is looking for Haxe talent. Anyone available for Haxe architect and development work should get in contact with him.
- Job offer in Durban, South Africa by Christopher Mandlbaur.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!.
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- VIDEOGAME OST Pack for Double Kick Heroes is out RIGHT NOW.
- The Limited Run of Defender’s Quest looks great.
- Survival GGJ 2019 entry, with source available on GitHub by John Doughty.
- Ostranauts is a Noir spaceship-life sim set in the NEO Scavenger universe. Coming in late 2019 to Steam.
- Spellbreak is a new battle royale RPG with epic magic combat by Proletariat Inc..
- GrannyQuest is a new game on RPG Playground which is made with Kha.
- Flesh to Stone: Rock Hard Edition is finally out on Newgrounds and made with HaxeFlixel.
- HaxeVM is a prototype compiler/virtual machine in Haxe for Haxe.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Behold: Final Fantasy Thesaurus (just hit “Build + Run” button to get a new one) by Lars Doucet.
- First version of “Districts” for Medieval Fantasy City Generator by Oleg Dolya. The goal is to implement better division of cities into more reasonably placed areas with mostly abstract names.
- Austin East has released initial version of Echo - a 2D Physics library for Haxe - which is available at GitHub and HaxeLib. Right now theres only circle + aabb support, but polygon colliders are incoming. Right now with Echo you can stack boxes and move shapes.
- New generative art sketches from Matthijs Kamstra:
- Jitter Sandbox has grown and needs frequent refactoring, so Syo has added colors palettes.
- George is testing out some experimental mobile controls in a game that was never meant to have mobile controls.
- MagneticDuck is starting to make levels for his new, tiny puzzle game. Use
arrows + zkey to play. He wants to know how easy it was to finish the game, so he could decide how much to focus on making this jam submission harder in later levels.
- Remade logo of Super CUTE ALIEN and WIP VA TEST - Eyes only! video. What do you think about it?
- Amongst many other updates, Ben Simms has redrawn a lot of art for his game and added fireflies, moonlight, forest and a 3d parallax scrolling effect.
- New Hero is coming to Dead World Heroes: Dr. Henrik.
- Butterflies in Phantom Path by Kirill Poletaev.
- New GIFs and music track from Frontier Story game by jmw:
- Peter Achberger has implemented behavior trees loading from XML for the RPG game he’s making with Haxe. The AI implementation is fully typed, thanks to Haxe 4 and
- This means no typos, missing or invalid attributes at runtime, but a nice compile time error instead.
- A dog who doesn’t want to go too far from his favorite log and it’s powered by this behavior tree.
- New GIFs from Alex Johansson’s SHOTDOGS game:
- Starting the morning by trashing a drone with a stapler.
- Got a pelican that noms the gun and transports it a certain distance.
- Got some cute little cannons that will provide a blasting boost.
- Design doodles for the micro-achievements and added to the game.
- Figured out how to make actors parallax.
- Just a normal round of golf.
- Functional camera zoom.
- Some news from Overlink by Danny Yaroslavski:
- UI & level selection with puzzles in mind.
- Working on some fun, animal-themed levels.
- The game will come out soon, so preorders are now live (on iOS its Free).
- Twitter thread about the process of game creation. There are all the prototypes that lead up to the creation of Overlink, including all the things that got cut along the way.
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
- None this week.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default implementations within interfaces proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
36~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Unroll arrays from arguments of inlined functions issue.
[typer]Abstract constructors shouldn’t be allowed to return a value issue.
- Invalid constructor inheritance when extending classes that extend extern classes issue.
- ES6 class generation tests merged.
- Improved testing of DCE and compilation server tests merged.
- Null safety feature has been merged.
- Rare issue with compiler cache issue.
[js]HTML externs: modernize typedefs and change whitespace convention merged.
[js]HTML externs: add new API’s merged.
[hxcpp]Unicode vs reflection issue…
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!