Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe US Summit 2019 - Announcing the second Haxe Summit in the United States.
- The Haxe US Summit tickets are now vailable. Early bird tickets are
$299.00, but after 28th February they will cost
- You can submit your talk proposals for this years US Haxe Summit 2019 via the online form by Josefiene Pertosa.
- Photos from previous Haxe meetups via Josefiene Pertosa.
- Take the Haxe 2019 Survey.
2.6.0of the Haxe extension for VSCode is now available, including debugging support for Haxe 4’s new macro interpreter and markdown highlighting in doc comments.
- Haxe Test Explorer for VSCode - an extension to visualise test results from
- The Adventure Pals - Porting to console via Unity - Part 1 - a new article from DO games.
- How to have Haxe comments included in the generated target output?
- Mike Robinson adds his own experience using Haxe to the thread “A quoran wants to know about Haxe”.
- Check out the new exhibit at Teknisk Museum - a virtual hydropower plant - made by Logic Interactive and created using Unreal Engine and Haxe.
- A new feature helps study Kerchhoff circuit law, by showing current analysis.
- ArmorPaint is getting more and more refined.
4.0.0-rc.1is here! Checkout the changelog and download from the Haxe website.
- Developers, friends, Haxe people - take the 2019 Stack Overflow Developer survey and be heard!
- Announcement trailer for Nintendo Switch version of Double Kick Heroes, a game made with OpenFL.
- WWE announced a partnership with Massive Interactive.
- Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh is nominated for Excellence in Design at Independent Games Festival 2019.
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- None this week.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Some highlights from the recent HaxeUp 2019 at Luxembourg:
- There will be little Haxe meetup in Saint-Petersburg, Russia on 2nd of March. More details will be available soon.
- Sébastien Bénard will be talking about Dead Cells design at GDC 2019.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- The Moonshine IDE team are asking for help to bring their IDE to Haxe.
- Matt Braun has a business associate who is looking for Haxe talent. Anyone available for Haxe architect and development work should get in contact with him.
- Job offer in Durban, South Africa by Christopher Mandlbaur.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!.
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Survival GGJ 2019 entry, with source available on GitHub by John Doughty.
- Ostranauts is a Noir spaceship-life sim set in the NEO Scavenger universe. Coming in late 2019 to Steam.
- Spellbreak is a new battle royale RPG with epic magic combat by Proletariat Inc..
- GrannyQuest is a new game on RPG Playground which is made with Kha.
- Flesh to Stone: Rock Hard Edition is finally out on Newgrounds and made with HaxeFlixel.
- Anders Nissen has released an update for Stoneset game, which adds new a “Journey” game mode. Get it at Google Play!
- A Game Boy inspired metroidvania Tiny Dangerous Dungeons by Jussi Simpanen is coming to Steam on 1st of March for PC and Mac!
- LiquidFX - a simple water shader for Armory.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Medieval Fantasy City Generator
v0.6.0by Oleg Dolya.
- SlavaRa continues his work on HaxeDevelop / FlashDevelop: this week he has added code navigation for variables used in string interpolation and multiline editing.
- Nicolas Cannasse have written documentation for the DomKit library.
- Matthijs Kamstra continues making generative art sketches. Checkout his gallery of all of them so far.
- Persona clone incoming (cutscenes btw) from the game by Don’t Panic which he is making with Kha.
- A few screenshots from SUPER Cute Alien:
- Couple of GIFs from Jitter Sandbox by Syo:
- Not sure if this is gonna make it into the game yet, but it’s kinda fun! from Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh.
- Critters from Phantom Path by Kirill Poletaev.
- Couple of GIFs from Renaine by Octosoft:
- The perk system of Dead World Heroes is under development.
- Alex Johansson has shared a lot of GIFs, screenshots and sketches of SHOTDOGS, a game he’s making with Stencyl:
- Got a bunch of different weapons available.
- Gun menu is implemented but most Importantly… THE TUBA.
- Got UI for unlocking new weapons implemented and resizing the Interface for phone screens.
- Hanging out with the Jellyfish Queen and ordering some hotdogs.
- Some doodles for the various obstacles.
- Got a cute little marker on the map that moves based on which island in SHOTDOGS you’ve reached.
- Using a mouse on the wall is fuuuuuuun.
- Some scenic shots from SHOTDOGS being displayed at Camb Game Devs.
- Added a nice little slo-mo effect on the gun once it hits the optimal angle to shoot.
- Added a cinematic frame for the first throw.
- Ohsat Games had been toying with the idea of remaking/expanding his old game jam entry Boxtermination. What are you thinking about it?
- Couple of GIFs from Overlink 3D puzzle game:
- Debug geometry screenshot from Ed Ryzhov’s 3D racing game.
- Few GIFs from Ben Simms game he’s making with Stencyl:
- Progression of Stoneset by Anders Nissen from early prototype to latest beta release.
- Preview of a new class in Defender’s Quest 2 – “The Jumper”. And current DQ2 status: 13 / 45 battles have been designed and rough balanced.
- Peter Achberger have added fully event based ECS interaction with entities and happy pet dog in his RPG game he is making with Haxe and PhaserJS.
- jmw had been busy writing a parser/lexer for a scripting language to use for dialogue and cutscenes in Frontier Story. He has shared a few GIFs and screenshot:
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
[kha]Khabind WebIDL binder pull request.
[tink_web]Dynamic parameter names issue.
[tink_web]Merge params from different sources issue.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default implementations within interfaces proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
35~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Null safety feature has been merged.
- Rare issue with compiler cache issue.
[js]HTML externs: modernize typedefs and change whitespace convention merged.
[js]HTML externs: add new API’s merged.
- Faster CRC32 implementation using precomputed tables merged.
Context.defined/definedValuekeys should translate dashes to underscores issue.
[hxcpp]Unicode vs reflection issue…
[eval]Runtime arguments are added twice to
[nullsafety]Null safety strictness levels issue.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!