Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe US Summit 2019 - Announcing the second Haxe Summit in the United States.
- The Haxe US Summit tickets are now vailable. Early bird tickets are
$299.00, but after 28th February they will cost
- You can submit your talk proposals for this years US Haxe Summit 2019 via the online form by Josefiene Pertosa.
- Photos from previous Haxe meetups via Josefiene Pertosa.
4.0.0-rc.1is here! Checkout the changelog and download from the Haxe website.
1.9has been released! This release is compatible with the latest Haxe
4.6.0is now available on HaxeLib. Among other things, it adds compatibility with Haxe
4.0.0-rc.1, a new FlxAction API and blend mode support with OpenFL
8.8.0. See changelog for details.
- Initial release of
grig.midi- midi support for Haxe.
- How to make
- HashLink target status in OpenFL by Joshua Granick.
- Caribou has made a curated list of Haxe gamedev resources, available on GitHub.
- Players are already adding mods to the Dicey Dungeons game by Terry Cavangh. The mod system in this game is powered by Lars Doucet’s polymod framework.
- SlavaRa can make HaxeDevelop / FlashDevelop run under MacOS and Linux, but he’ll do it for
$8k-10kand 2-3 months of work, for the same money and time he can transfer all the functionality to VS Code.
- Evoland Legendary Edition (both games in one) will be released on the PS4, Xbox One and Switch on February 7th. Checkout the Announcement Trailer. This is going to be… LEGENDARY! .
- DomKit - CSS based components, strictly typed UI framework for Haxe by Nicolas Cannasse, which was originally created as a part of the Heaps engine, but now it’s a separate project. Nicolas presented this framework at HaxeUp meetup at Docler.
- Developers, friends, Haxe people - take the 2019 Stack Overflow Developer survey and be heard!
- Announcement trailer for Nintendo Switch version of Double Kick Heroes, a game made with OpenFL.
- WWE announced a partnership with Massive Interactive.
- Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh is nominated for Excellence in Design at Independent Games Festival 2019.
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- Evoland: Legendary Edition trailer for Playstation 4.
- New video from Charles Griffiths - A brief story in which an exploring hero is beaten up by rats
- Product Editor Prototype #2 video by Michael Bickel. Built with React Components using
- Installation Guide: Haxe Pony Library on MacOS - a new video from Alexander Gordeyko.
- Shader Tutorial - EP011 - We Scale Our Shape.
- Shader Tutorial - EP013 - Warp Grid.
- Shader Tutorial - EP014 - Water Color.
- Shader Tutorial - EP015 - Water Color 02.
- The hero is ready to explore the map video by Charles Griffiths and made with Kha.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Some highlights from the recent HaxeUp 2019 at Luxembourg:
- Sébastien Bénard will be talking about Dead Cells design at GDC 2019.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Matt Braun has a business associate who is looking for Haxe talent. Anyone available for Haxe architect and development work should get in contact with him.
- Job offer in Durban, South Africa by Christopher Mandlbaur.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!.
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Mechangrejo by Joaquin Bello (made with Kha) for Global Game Jam.
- Rocket House - A local multiplayer 2.5D shooter made with Armory3D for Global Game Jam.
- Anders Nissen has released an update for Stoneset game, which adds new a “Journey” game mode. Get it at Google Play!
- A Game Boy inspired metroidvania Tiny Dangerous Dungeons by Jussi Simpanen is coming to Steam on 1st of March for PC and Mac!
- Gestalt_3.1 by Stephen Lavelle, with the source code available on GitHub.
- Rat King has followed Peter Shirley’s “Ray Tracing In One Weekend” tutorial, but in Kha and Haxe. Source code is available on GitHub.
- A simple LR(0) HScript Parser.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Maps of the same city with the “elevation” option on and off by Oleg Dolya.
- Armory terrain test! Wandering in a 1x1km world.
- A few generative art sketches by Matthijs Kamstra made with Haxe, with sources on GitHub:
- A few GIFs from Jitter sandbox by Syo:
- Added an image analyzer that generates zones for navigation and everything.
- Probably have to do caching in the pathfinding system.
- Now it’s like a space fleet.
- Fast-travel using checkpoints… from Phantom Path game by Kirill Poletaev.
- A few screenshots from the Stencyl game Ben Simms is working on:
- Couple of GIFs from Techy Wrinkles:
- Playing with Actuate and OpenFL.
- Being away from 3D for so long, I forgot how many verts are needed for a smooth path.
- Terry Cavanagh had been a bit carried away with tutorial for Dicey Dungeons!
- A few GIFs from SHOTDOGS game by Alex Johansson:
- New “Turtle Town” tiles for Renaine.
- New grass for Ed Ryzhov’s new 3D racing game.
- Overlink - a new puzzle game made with Haxe and Unity3D will be released soon.
- Checkout the most recent library releases on HaxeLib.
[kore/krom]Implement script serialization pull request.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default implementations within interfaces proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
31~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Null safety feature has been merged.
- Dash in XML literal node name not parsing issue.
[hxcpp]Unicode vs reflection issue…
[nullsafety]Add tests for some
Null<BasicTypes>behaviour pull request.
buildTypesfunction and capitalize class names pull request.
find_substringfor ascii strings commit.
[eval]Runtime arguments are added twice to
[nullsafety]Null safety strictness levels issue.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!