Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe US Summit 2019 - Announcing the second Haxe Summit in the United States.
- The Haxe US Summit tickets are now vailable. Early bird tickets are
$299.00, but after 28th February they will cost
- You can submit your talk proposals for this years US Haxe Summit 2019 via the online form by Josefiene Pertosa.
- Photos from previous Haxe meetups via Josefiene Pertosa.
- Announcement trailer for Nintendo Switch version of Double Kick Heroes, a game made with OpenFL.
- Developers, friends, Haxe people - take the 2019 Stack Overflow Developer survey and be heard!
- WWE announced a partnership with Massive Interactive.
- Stencyl 4 had been released, you can watch a short video about the update by gamefromscratch.com.
- Online logic node editor for Armory3D.
- Terry Cavangh has a Dicey Dungeons stand at PAX South, also releasing the PAX South Trailer and the Dicy Dungeons Steam.
- What do you dislike and want to improve in Haxe? thread by Dmitry Hryppa.
- A little teaser for an installation that Logic Interactive are working on for Teknisk Museum in Norway. Built with UE4, Haxe and
Unreal.hx. With a potential talk about using Haxe and Unreal for physical installations, the workflow and tools built for it.
- OpenFL is now on Open Collective.
- Survey about code style in OpenFL Library.
- Adding Haxe support to sourcerer.io.
- HaxeUI now has its own forum.
- An interesting discussion on Reddit about Unreal Engine and scripting languages. Haxe is one of the discussed options and it seems that Nicolas Cannasse is interested in further Haxe and Unreal integration.
- Dicey Dungeons by Terry Cavanagh is nominated for Excellence in Design at Independent Games Festival 2019.
- Total Party Kill by Jussi Simpanen has reached
1stplace in Overall and Theme among all other games made for LudumDare 43.
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- Kha Tutorial - EP113 - Life Refine Library.
- Shader Tutorial - EP007 - Rect Shape.
- Shader Tutorial - EP008 - Polygon Shape.
- New Frontier Story video & music by jmw.
- New Frontier Story theme music that might be in the game.
- Age of Atlantis DevLog Week #3 timelapse video from Luke Selman.
- OpenLR Performance testing video by Kaelan Evans.
- Haxe-React UI Prototype video from Michael Bickel.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- There is going to be another HaxeUp Session at Luxembourg office of Docler Holding on 29th of January! And there will be an online stream as well, with Nicolas Cannasse, Juraj Kirchheim, Philippe Elsass and Simon Krajewski attending.
- Full stack at its finest - Cutting through the web jungle with Haxe! - is another Haxe Meetup being held in Örnsköldsvik (Sweden) on 5th of February.
- The next London Haxe Meetup, Show and Tell, will take place on the 6th of February at North West House, Marylebone!
- Sébastien Bénard will be talking about Dead Cells design at GDC 2019.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- The Proletariat Inc team is growing. They are looking for artists, engineers and strong community people. Apply Here!.
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Kanyon Karver - a new HaxePunk game by Nikolay Kana has been released as a VK Direct Game. Checkout the short gameplay video.
- Melonin has finished work on VolleybombMP, mentioned in previous roundups. You can play it online, with the source code also available at GitHub and released under
- A simple LR(0) HScript Parser.
- Working with zip files.
[tink_web]Making type safe REST API calls with the Haxe
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- New code generation features for HaxeDevelop has been added by Slava Ra:
- Fork of Nape physics engine which works with Haxe 4 (by changing properties definition).
- Promo copies of Defender’s Quest: Valley of the Forgotten.
- Techy Wrinkles mobile shooter progress:
- The game is shaping up nicely by Ben Simms.
- Some of Renaine’s NPCs and The Plunnies are planning something.
- Big and green pixels and debug layers from the sandbox game by Syo.
- Title screen of the Phantom Path game by Kirill Poletaev.
- Terry Cavanagh have added immediate mode textboxes to Dicey Dungeons.
- Dmitry Hryppa demonstrates that Haxe can be integrated almost everywhere. He is working on a small UI framework (iOS, Android), and will open source it eventually.
- Exhibiting Solid Aether at Taipei Game Show2019.
@:headermeta to specify response header merged.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default implementations within interfaces proposal.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
28~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
-D haxe4flag commit.
[hxcpp]Socket broadcast message sending support merged.
[hashlink]Ignore the first timing run when doing a benchmark pull request.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!