Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The call for speakers for next years US Haxe Summit 2019 is now open! Submit your application at the official Haxe Summit site. And there are already talk proposals!
- Robert Konrad (the Kha kreator) will join Deck13 game studio next month.
- Is there a Haxe AU/VST builder?
- Lewis Lepton has published
lkllibrary, which you might’ve seen in his Kha tutorial series. He have also created new GitHub repo (currently empty) for his upcoming shader tutorial series.
- Lubos have shared some details about the upcoming Armory3D
v0.6release. Armory3D will default to HashLink/C for native export, which leads to
3xfaster compile times and
30%smaller executable size. And Armory3D will be using a new more compact geometry data files.
- Aurel has posted the post-jam version of his Ludum Dare entry - Temple-Based Sacrifice - now with multiplayer!
- Two old Haxe related books from Packt Publishing Limited are on sale: Haxe Game Development Essentials and haXe 2 Beginner’s Guide. Both are bit outdated though, but might be useful for beginners.
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- New devlog from Oleg Dolya about his progress on Medieval Fantasy City Generator.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- The next London Haxe Meetup, Show and Tell, will take place on the 6th of February at North West House, Marylebone!
- Sébastien Bénard will be talking about Dead Cells design at GDC 2019.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is currently looking for a job as a fullstack developer. Checkout his GitHub account.
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- OPEN BETA of SUPER Cute Alien is available. Play for free until
- Windows and Mac versions of Solid Aether are released on Steam. The list of technologies used for this game.
- New sample for Heaps engine by Tong has been merged into the official repo, try out the demo Helpers.
- Working with zip files.
[tink_web]Making type safe REST API calls with the Haxe
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Armory3D open source unnamed game prototype.
- Nanjizal has added colour examples to his fullK project and added a new experiment showing a simplified SVG renderer within Armory3D’s Iron. You can find a little more detail over on the Armory3D forum.
- New code repo from Sébastien Bénard - gamebase. It provides the basic structure for his personal game projects (which focus on Heaps engine).
- New templates AI for Armory3D project, algorithms for autonomous vehicle steering. Currently it contains only Police AI, but more algorithms are in the plans.
- Paddle Strike is a free open source game created with Armory3D engine by MiloGameWorks.
- Caribou continues work on his game with Heaps and his ECS library with network support.
- Tong has built a temperature/humidity data logger with Haxe and NodeJS, with sources available on Github. He is planning to port the arduino code to hxArduino.
- jmw327 have shared a few gifs from “Frontier Story” (a farming sim game) which is being made with Heaps engine.
- Kirill Poletaev is currently writing some lore for his unnamed 3D puzzle game.
- Latest update for SUPER Cute Alien adds facial expressions and xmas hats.
- Spirkop Games have shared a WIP screenshot from the Cookin’Truck game which is being made with Phaser and Haxe.
- Ed Ryzhov has been working on new GUI for his 3D racing game, Buttons and DLC?.
- Heaps Tracker 1.0 (written with Heaps engine) by Michel Janicki.
- Joe Williamson has shared a series of GIFs about making a 2D game engine that does something it isn’t supposed to do. And I believe that he’s making pinball game with it.
- Screenshot of Defender’s Quest level editor, repurposed for DQ2 from Lars Doucet.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
12~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
-D haxe4flag commit.
-D analyzer-optimizebreaks exception handling fixed.
Promiseinteract properly with
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!