Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Dead Cells is the Best Action Game of the year at The Game Awards.
- A quick update on the next Dicey Dungeons release from Terry Cavanagh.
- Haxe as one language for websites?
- How to pattern match an array with an unknown length?
- New major Armory3D engine will come out this month for Blender
v0.6, Armory3D will target D3D11 on Windows by default which gives a slight perf boost. In
v0.7it will default to Metal for Apple devices, then Vulkan!
- New devlog from Oleg Dolya about his progress on Medieval Fantasy City Generator.
- More details about Sébastien Bénard’s forthcoming talk at GDC 2019 have been released!
- Here’s another language rating report featuring Haxe, from August by RedMonk.
- Stencyl has been added to GameAnalytics collection of SDKs.
1.1of the Haxe Toolkit plugin for IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio and other JetBrains products is now available.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- The next London Haxe Meetup, Show and Tell, will take place on the 6th of February at North West House, Marylebone!
- Sébastien Bénard will be talking about Dead Cells design at GDC 2019.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is currently looking for a job as a fullstack developer. Checkout his GitHub account.
- Sigma Software have updated their job post and now they are looking for a Senior Haxe Developer.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Sigma Software are looking for a Middle Haxe Developer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- OPEN BETA of SUPER Cute Alien is available. Play for free until
stepbystepgame by Evgeny Petrov is now available on Steam.
- Simon Weis has submitted his game to
- Evil Dead: The Evil Cartridge is a Html5 game by Joaquin Bello made with Kha is released on Armor Games.
- Windows and Mac versions of Solid Aether are released on Steam. The list of technologies used for this game.
- Kha Tutorial 100 - Shader Playground.
- Kha Tutorial 101 - Shader Playground UI.
- Kha Tutorial 102 - Object Entity Refine Library.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- New sample for Heaps engine by Tong has been merged into the official repo, try out the demo Helpers.
- Working with zip files.
[tink_web]Making type safe REST API calls with the Haxe
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Nanjizal has created horizontal and vertical sliders with Kha, with sources available on Github.
- Tong has built a temperature/humidity data logger with Haxe and NodeJS, with sources available on Github. He is planning to port the arduino code to hxArduino.
- jmw327 is creating a farming SIM called “Frontier Story” with Haxe + Heaps. He has also opened a Patreon page and Discord server.
- Facial expressions in SUPER Cute Alien.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Ilya Malanin is creating improvements for the Haxe IntelliJ IDEA plugin.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
18~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
-D haxe4flag commit.
-D analyzer-optimizebreaks exception handling fixed.
Promiseinteract properly with
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!