Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Stencyl has been added to GameAnalytics collection of SDKs.
- Terry Cavanagh posted a huge write up of how the new Enemy AI works in Dicey Dungeons.
1.1of the Haxe Toolkit plugin for IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio and other JetBrains products is now available.
- KodeStudio is now available on Microsoft Store and is rated E for Everyone.
- Lars Doucet on Haxe discord:
“Hey everyone I got back from a Nintendo dev conference on Monday, they are taking another look at OpenFL games so if you need access and don’t have it yet, please get in touch with me ideally, you should have a game in development, or one you’d like to ship/port”
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- The next London Haxe Meetup, Show and Tell, will take place on the 6th of February at North West House, Marylebone!
- Sébastien Bénard will be talking about Dead Cells design at GDC 2019.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Alexander Gordeyko is currently looking for a job as a fullstack developer. Checkout his GitHub account.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Sigma Software are looking for a Middle Haxe Developer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- OPEN BETA of SUPER Cute Alien is available. Play for free until
stepbystepgame by Evgeny Petrov is now available on Steam.
- Simon Weis has submitted his game to
- Evil Dead: The Evil Cartridge is a Html5 game by Joaquin Bello made with Kha is released on Armor Games.
- Windows and Mac versions of Solid Aether are released on Steam. The list of technologies used for this game.
- Duke Dashington Remastered by Jussi Simpanen has dashed its way onto Steam.
- Kha Tutorial 099 - Circle Waves.
- Dead World Heroes have a new YouTube channel.
- Doshi doshi gameplay video from Sidar Talei. The game is being made with Kha and Blender.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Working with zip files.
[tink_web]Making type safe REST API calls with the Haxe
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Kevin Leung has been working on getting libuv to work with HXCPP and here is the WIP Haxe bindings.
- This week Oleg Dolya had been working on adding farm fields to his Medieval Fantasy City Generator.
- Nanjizal has updated the Pixel hxRectPack2D neko example with different conversions between images and atlases.
- Nanjizal also added Sound test to his collection of Haxe experiments.
- SlavaRa added code generation for assignment of expression to variable to FlashDevelop. Plus he added some code generation for macros coding.
- Ian Harrigan has worked on improvements for dialogs in HaxeUI, as well as menu bars, menus and various menu item types. He has also played a bit by combining together HaxeUI and Armory3d using the
- khm.imgui by RblSb is a Imgui core for Kha. Checkout the online demo.
- A couple of new gifs from Caribou’s game thats he’s making with Heaps, inventory system and auto-picking.
- A thread of WIP gifs from the game Renaine which is being made with HaxeFlixel, beam enemy that triggers switches and destroys blocks.
- Powerup management in Dead World Heroes.
- Grappling Hook Guy made with HaxeFlixel for Github Game Off by cocosar07
Theme: Sacrifices must be made
- Monstropolis by the Sea by Axol Studio
- Save & Sacrifice by Sébastien Bénard
- Escape from Apocalypse by Mathieu Bernard
- Ho Ho Hold Up by Sean Whiteman
- For the Team! by Alejandro Ramallo
- Stew Souls by Austin East
- Total Party Kill by Jussi Simpanen
- Fire and Atlas by Cory Martin
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Ilya Malanin is creating improvements for the Haxe IntelliJ IDEA plugin.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
30~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
-D haxe4flag commit.
-D analyzer-optimizebreaks exception handling fixed.
Promiseinteract properly with
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!