Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The first experiences of Haxe and its ecosystem from a newcomers perspective.
- KodeStudio is now available on Microsoft Store and is rated E for Everyone.
- The next release of Armory
0.6will focus on performance.
- A new library called wrapgen
0.2released on HaxeLib, allows you to generate the necessary glue-code for calling native functions from CPP and HashLink.
- Luke Selman wrote a new tutorial, part of a series about making a video games with Kha and Twinspire.
- Decoration and furnishing for dungeon devlog from fnaith about the progress on his bullet hell/roguelike game.
- Lars Doucet on Haxe discord:
“Hey everyone I got back from a Nintendo dev conference on Monday, they are taking another look at OpenFL games so if you need access and don’t have it yet, please get in touch with me ideally, you should have a game in development, or one you’d like to ship/port”
- When We Made… Dead Cells, a look behind the scenes at the development of Dead Cells.
- DeadCells has been nominated for Best Indie Game and Best Action Game at this years The Game Awards.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Sigma Software are looking for a Middle Haxe Developer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
stepbystepgame by Evgeny Petrov is now available on Steam.
- Simon Weis has submitted his game to
- Evil Dead: The Evil Cartridge is a Html5 game by Joaquin Bello made with Kha is released on Armor Games.
- Windows and Mac versions of Solid Aether are released on Steam. The list of technologies used for this game.
- Duke Dashington Remastered by Jussi Simpanen has dashed its way onto Steam.
- Peter Achberger has released “3 Minute Adventure” made with Haxe, Hxparse and Phaser. Play the game at
- Defender’s Quest 2 alpha is now available for testers and backers.
- Gheap Golf has been released on Steam & Itch.io.
- Ben Simms has shared a video update of some changes he’s made over the week for his game.
- Kha Tutorial 096 - Following Eyes.
- Kha Tutorial 097 - Balls of Sound.
- Kha Tutorial 098 - Particle System.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Working with zip files.
[tink_web]Making type safe REST API calls with the Haxe
- HashLink extension to show how the bridge between Haxe & Hlc works.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- This week’s new feature for Medieval Fantasy City Generator by Oleg Dolya is random city names like Songcrest or Raverwick.
- SlavaRa has added useful documentation tooltip to FlashDevelop which is already available in nightly builds, which you can download here.
- Nanjizal has improved experimental Zeal render in Kha by using single image atlas. The source code is available on github.
- Ian Harrigan teases us with the upcoming version of HaxeUI core!
- @abstract_panic showes us how he made the dialog system with Kha.
- Alex Lanzetta has shared progress on his engine made with Lime.
- Alex Lanzetta also ported his Hexagon Tribute to Haxe in just about 6 hours!
- Updates from Kirill Poletaev’s 3D puzzle game:
- New version of Shoebox will have a new node interface which will allow you to create or customize your own tools.
- Sound synth demo made with Heaps by Michel Janicki.
- Some footage from the game (WIP) by Scott the Idea Guy.
- Austin East is writing his own physics library and has shared couple of gifs showing how it works, Debug physics rendering and Demo with graphics attached.
- Terry Cavanagh hacked together a GraphML exporter for Dicey Dungeons’ new AI. So now he can explore enemy moves and see what’s going on step-by-step. Plus he shared the visual representation of enemy’s AI with
- Might need a bigger shield…
- Spryngaria Team is reanimating their old point & click game with a new engine built on top of Armory3D.
- Harvest game by KantienoProductions is made with Stencyl and its is nearing completion.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Ilya Malanin is creating improvements for the Haxe IntelliJ IDEA plugin.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
17~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
[js]Fix type inference for
Promisecallback arguments commit.
- HTML Extern improvements merged.
@:semanticsto deal with native semantics merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!