Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- When We Made… Dead Cells, a look behind the scenes at the development of Dead Cells.
- DeadCells has been nominated for Best Indie Game and Best Acton Game at this years The Game Awards.
- An early concept of a Haxe CPP/HL extern generator.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- Terry Cavanagh wrote a big blog post about where Dicey Dungeons is, about Day of the Devs, and what to expect in the next update.
- Kirill Poletaev wrote about Progress on the Puzzle Game with the first HD video of gameplay.
- The importance of patience in teaching.
- Miles Tilmann have shared some info about the development process of CHEAP GOLF.
- Show your interest in attending the Bavarian Haxe Meetup taking place on the 28th November!
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Sigma Software are looking for a Middle Haxe Developer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Evil Dead: The Evil Cartridge is a Html5 game by Joaquin Bello made with Kha is released on Armor Games.
- Windows and Mac versions of Solid Aether are released on Steam. The list of technologies used for this game.
- Duke Dashington Remastered by Jussi Simpanen has dashed its way onto Steam.
- Peter Achberger has released “3 Minute Adventure” made with Haxe, Hxparse and Phaser. Play the game at
- Defender’s Quest 2 alpha is now available for testers and backers.
- Gheap Golf has been released on Steam & Itch.io.
- The stepbystep game has been completed and will be available on November 22nd on Steam.
[tink_web]Making type safe REST API calls with the Haxe
- HashLink extension to show how the bridge between Haxe & Hlc works.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Oleg Dolya continues his work on the Medieval Fantasy City Generator. This week he added:
- Nanjizal this week worked on updates for
hxRectPack2D, a texture packing tool, adding:
- Nanjizal has also created an experimental terminal ascii image preview app with source on GitHub.
- Tong have created Heaps version of Bunnymark.
- A new icon for Kode Studio by Sondro.
- Eiyeron used Heaps for music generation on the fly, with source available on GitHub.
- Ben Simms continues working on his casual game with the help of his old friend. He has also shared sneak peek at some of the levels, with the game also being tested on mobile.
- Weekly progress on Dead World Heroes UI: Loot box opening animation and equip UI.
- Kevin Purcell has shared afew screenshots and animations of his puzzle game which is being made with HaxeFlixel: A bit of colour, Symbols and Themes.
- Caribou continues work on his Heaps game. This week he’s added a:
- New level area for Renaine game which is made with HaxeFlixel.
- 2 New modes of play have been added to CHEAP GOLF.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Ilya Malanin is creating improvements for the Haxe IntelliJ IDEA plugin.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
9~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!