Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- ArmorPaint gets it’s biggest update yet,
0.5is now live.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- Lars Doucet had upped the bounty again for creating a common Haxe native extension method/format that bridges both HXCPP and HashLink.
- Haxe benchmarks site by Kevin Leung, which covers a range operations across all compiler targets.
- DeadCells made with Haxe, hanging out next to Diablo 3 and Skyrim.
- DeadCells has been nominated for Best Indie Game and Best Acton Game at this years The Game Awards.
- Cheap Golf creator Pixeljam gives shout outs to devs who helped make it.
- Super Cute Alien won 3rd Place on Potenciate contest!
- Show your interest in attending the Bavarian Haxe Meetup taking place on the 28th November!
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Video of David Mouton latest talk at BDX I/O 2018 is now avaiable on YouTube.
- Aleksandr Kuzmenko’s Null Safety slides from last weeks first HaxeUp Session.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Sigma Software are looking for a Middle Haxe Developer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$250is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Defender’s Quest 2 alpha is now available for testers and backers.
- Gheap Golf has been released on Steam & Itch.io.
- The stepbystep game has been completed and will be available on November 22nd on Steam.
- Kha Tutorial 093 - Scaled Interaction.
- Texturing cowboy showing ArmorPaint
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- SlavaRa continues his work on improving Haxe syntax highlighting for HaxeDevelop. This week he added autocompletion for private fields accessed with
- Nanjizal’s experiment with FastMatrix3 interpolation in Kha.
- Oleg Dolya continues his work on Medieval Fantasy City Generator. This week he added:
- The first screenshot and the first view of the dialogue system of Acid’s opensource rpg project named Elysia.
- Jeremy Meltingtallow is working on aseprite parser.
- Tong has created a web client for Crazyflie - an open source flying development platform based on a nano quadcopter.
- Sidar Talei created a few transition screen effects in Kha.
- Nanjizal have created a Kha WebGL version of his Zeal of Zebra canvas experiment.
- City 13 out of 15 campaign levels of “Castle Woodwarf 2” are finished.
- This is fine.
- Anniversary update for Fidel Dungeon Rescue.
- Ben Simms testing a casual game he is working on.
- Eiyeron’s tests of collision mesh generation in Heaps.
- Bonk animation from Chibi Ninja Shino-kun game.
- In Renaine blocked attacks now have their own animations.
- Terry Cavanagh has added a preview for enemy moves in Dicey Dungeons.
- Animations, pathfinding and tile movement smoothing demonstration from Caribou’s game that is being made with Heaps, plus he cleaned up map.
- Kirill Poletaev’s weekly progress on his puzzle game and showing off the UI for the journal system.
- Ed Ryzhov shared a few screenshots from his in-progress racing game. This week he has worked on procedural grass generation around racing tracks: Pic 1, Pic 2 and Pic 3.
- Kevin Purcell continues work on puzzle game he is making with HaxeFlixel.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Ilya Malanin is creating improvements for the Haxe IntelliJ IDEA plugin.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
17~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Add custom iterator benchmarks pull request.
- HTML Extern improvements merged.
@:functionCodefrom the standard library “if we ever want to have a JVM target” comment.
- Move JQuery and SWFObject to HaxeLib issue.
@:semanticsto deal with native semantics merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!