Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe benchmarks site by Kevin Leung covering a range operations across all compiler targets.
- Small poll from Haxe_ru about which IDE users choose for Haxe Development. Only afew hours left to submit your preference.
- Lars Doucet had doubled the bounty for creating a common Haxe native extension method/format that bridges both HXCPP and HashLink.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- Super Cute Alien won 3rd Place on Potenciate contest!
1.8has been released. Fixes a bug with Haxe
4.0.0-preview.5and a few additional improvements.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Show your interest in attending the Bavarian Haxe Meetup this November!
- David Mouton will be talking at this years BDX.io about “Haxe 2018 : plus t’en mets plus t’en as”, in Bordeaux, 9th Novemeber 2018.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Sigma Software are looking for a Middle Haxe Developer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$200is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Defender’s Quest 2 alpha is now available for testers and backers.
- Gheap Golf has been released on Steam & Itch.io.
- Kha Tutorial 091 - Kode Studio & Kha Setup 2018.
- Kha Tutorial 092 - Setup Kode Studio 2018.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Simple Heaps example showing 3D scene with 2D collisions.
- Nicolas Cannasse has collected a set of Heaps full open source games examples.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- SlavaRa continues his work improving HaxeDevelop with:
- Nanjizal had ported RectPack2D to Haxe.
- Debug rendering for box2d in Heaps. And it’s already merged into the box2d repo.
- Palette swapping example made in Kha by Sidar Talei.
- Lewis Lepton has updated PixelSpirit deck to the latest changes. Source code can be found on GitHub.
- Acid have started a new open source game, a single player 2D tactical RPG.
- Juan Ernesto Rinaudo has implemented Conway’s game of life in a fragment shader using Kha.
- Kirill Poletaev shares a new gameplay clip of his upcoming puzzle exploration game made with YUME engine, which is written in Haxe and C++.
- Evgeny Petrov is working on his new game called StepByStep which is a turn-based programming puzzle platformer.
- Lizard archers are really dangerous in “Castle Woodwarf 2”, a game made with Stencyl.
- Mission mechanics demonstration from “Dead World Heroes” game.
- A year of development makes a lot of difference. That’s really true in case of Renaine game.
- Alex Lanzetta had ported “I’d Change the World for You” game to Haxe.
- Alex Lanzetta had added float textures to his Haxe/Lime engine.
- Simon Weis has recreated the lockpicking mechanic similar to that found in Skyrim.
[lix]Set a HashLink version with Lix issue.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Ilya Malanin is creating improvements for the Haxe IntelliJ IDEA plugin.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for Default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
7~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Add custom iterator benchmarks pull request.
- HTML Extern improvements merged.
@:functionCodefrom the standard library “if we ever want to have a JVM target” comment.
- Move JQuery and SWFObject to HaxeLib issue.
@:semanticsto deal with native semantics merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!