Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- Super Cute Alien won 3rd Place on Potenciate contest!
1.8has been released. Fixes a bug with Haxe
4.0.0-preview.5and a few additional improvements.
- The Haxe Foundation have released Haxe
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Transcript of the Northgard AMA which was held on the 24th of October is now avaialable.
- HaxeFlixel discord server is now a general Haxe server. There are channels for every major game framework. And if you want to learn more about one of them, then just join!.
- DeadCells might be comming to Android?
- Show your interest in attending the Bavarian Haxe Meetup this November!
- David Mouton will be talking at this years BDX.io about “Haxe 2018 : plus t’en mets plus t’en as”, in Bordeaux, 9th Novemeber 2018.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Sigma Software are looking for a Middle Haxe Developer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$100is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- Binkies 3D are looking a Front-end Haxe Developer to join them.
- Bradmax is looking for a Haxe developer to join them.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- An early test build of Defenders Quest 2 is getting ready to be distributed to bakers and testers.
- Boomy Studios has released “I ate two eggs” onto Newgrounds.
- Big Halloween update for OVERWHELM game made with OpenFL. Presenting NEW GAME+, better gamepad feel, and some fun shaders for new looks.
- HaxeUp Sessions October 13th videos are available on YouTube as separate vids or you can binge watch the full length Twitch video.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Simple Heaps example showing 3D scene with 2D collisions.
- Nicolas Cannasse has collected a set of Heaps full open source games examples.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- SlavaRa continues his work on improving HaxeDevelop:
- Jaime Domínguez finished implementing the Steam API for Haxe.
- Adam Parrott added moving enemies to his 7DFPS game jam entry.
- Charlie Riot is working on Mistriver Village for his game.
- SHUMP a fun and juicy shoot em’ up platformer hybrid made with Stencyl is available on the App Store.
- Ohsat games continues work on Chibi Ninja Shino-kun game and shows off the latest preview.
- Critical Update for Renaine game: The tiny birds have regional variants.
- Head on over to HaxeLib to checkout the latest library releases.
[lix]Set a HashLink version with Lix issue.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Ilya Malanin is creating improvements for the Haxe IntelliJ IDEA plugin.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for Default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
14~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- HTML Extern improvements merged.
@:functionCodefrom the standard library “if we ever want to have a JVM target” comment.
- Move JQuery and SWFObject to HaxeLib issue.
@:semanticsto deal with native semantics merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!