Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The Joy of Haxe - FontStruct’s love affair with a neglected programming language.
- The Haxe Foundation have released Haxe
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- The FranceInfo Junior app (l’Appli franceinfo junior) from French Public Radio, made with Haxe, an educational media tool for teachers & their classes!
- HaxeFlixel discord server is now a general Haxe server. There are channels for every major game framework. And if you want to learn more about one of them, then just join!.
- More Neko Rosetta Code and a question about scope and GC.
- Why is compiling to different languages important?.
- DeadCells might be comming to Android?
- Show your interest in attending the Bavarian Haxe Meetup this November!
- David Mouton will be talking at this years BDX.io about “Haxe 2018 : plus t’en mets plus t’en as”, in Bordeaux, 9th Novemeber 2018.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Shiro Games are looking for a Game Designer and a Senior Game Programmer to join them.
- Sigma Software are looking for a Middle Haxe Developer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$100is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- Binkies 3D are looking a Front-end Haxe Developer to join them.
- Bradmax is looking for a Haxe developer to join them.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Anders Nissen has “juiced up” the effects for Stoneset game. You can download the dev version from Google Play.
- Limited Edition versions of Defender’s Quest are being made for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, which will be available for purchase from October 19th!
- HaxeUp Sessions October 13th videos are available on YouTube as separate vids or you can binge watch the full length Twitch video.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Figuring out Signed Distance Field rendering with Kha project by Louis Pearson.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Lubos Lenco is working on improving render performance and also on a new race-track tutorial for Armory
- Matthijs Kamstra is making hxArduino
gitwork on osx and writing documentation.
- Another step to making Flixel Studio a full-blown game editor for HaxeFlixel.
git(client-side library for hxScout) now has a set of CI tests powered by TravisCI and Docker covering three different versions of Haxe.
- Screenshots by Oleg Dolya of his Medieval Fantasy City Generator made with Haxe, OpenFL and Away3D for procjam.
- Screenshots #1 and #2 from ArtsTechEngine for
7dfpsby Adam Parrott.
- Fiery Squirrel has been updating his previous OpenFL libraries and improving documentation.
- @SlavaRa is working on improving autocompletion for switch/case syntax in HaxeDevelop.
- @nanjizal continues his work on Trilateral, which is a library for drawing lines and shapes with Triangles and added Tess2 implemention for handling holes in shape fills.
- Gamedevbynight has started building his own particle system with Haxe and Kha.
- “Everyone dreams about a day like this” video from the game Dead World Heroes.
- Dial-A-Platformer is a simple level editor with a hero with customizable jump properties and abilities.
- Weekend exercise for Elias Ku implementing flex container layouts from scratch.
- Head on over to HaxeLib to checkout the latest library releases.
[kha]Kha puts HashLink on Android merged.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Ilya Malanin is creating improvements for the Haxe IntelliJ IDEA plugin.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for Default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
21~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- HTML Extern improvements merged.
- HashLink Interp branch
@:functionCodefrom the standard library “if we ever want to have a JVM target” comment.
- Reset static inits in macros when the context is reused pull request.
- Rework unification error printing merged.
- Move JQuery and SWFObject to HaxeLib issue.
@:semanticsto deal with native semantics merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!