Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- The Haxe Foundation have released Haxe
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Nicolas has announced that he has started work on Heaps Android project setup.
- OpenFL releases HXP, a replacement for HXML & shell scripts.
- Show your interest in attending the Bavarian Haxe Meetup this November!
- David Mouton will be talking at this years BDX.io about “Haxe 2018 : plus t’en mets plus t’en as”, in Bordeaux, 9th Novemeber 2018.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Sigma Software are looking for a Middle Haxe Developer to join them.
- Lars Doucet’s latest bounty for
$100is if you can come up with a nice way to unify HXCPP and HashLink C bindings.
- Binkies 3D are looking a Front-end Haxe Developer to join them.
- Bradmax is looking for a Haxe developer to join them.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Anders Nissen has “juiced up” the effects for Stoneset game. You can download the dev version from Google Play.
- Limited Edition versions of Defender’s Quest are being made for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, which will be available for purchase from October 19th!
- HaxeUp Sessions October 13th videos are available on YouTube as separate vids or you can binge watch the full length Twitch video.
- Ian Harrigan, HaxeUI author talks about the current state of HaxeUI for desktop, web and mobile.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- Figuring out Signed Distance Field rendering with Kha project by Louis Pearson.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- New ArmorPaint builds incoming! Painting 3M triangle mesh, all PBR maps at once!
- Ian Harrigan has released hxArduino, a custom Haxe generator to create Arduino specific C++.
- JigsawX now has Kha version.
- Juan Ernesto Rinaudo got bone animations example working with Kha. Source code can be found at his coding challenges repo.
- Touch`em-Up prototype made in less than a day using HaxeFlixel.
- Lars Doucet previews Defender’s Quest 2 first boss battle with dev assets.
- Head on over to HaxeLib to checkout the latest library releases.
[kha]Kha puts HashLink on Android merged.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Ilya Malanin is creating improvements for the Haxe IntelliJ IDEA plugin.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support for Default type parameters proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
23~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Reset static inits in macros when the context is reused pull request.
- Rework unification error printing merged.
- Intial multithreading API for the eval target commit.
- Move JQuery and SWFObject to HaxeLib issue.
@:semanticsto deal with native semantics merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!