Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Unicode in Haxe 4.
- The next Haxe Summit in Seattle is scheduled for 8th-10th May 2019.
- Josefiene Pertosa has annoucented via Twitch a new online Haxe event called HaxeUp Sessions. Its scheduled for the 13th of October, with talks by Simon Krajewski, Robert Konrad, Dan Korostelev, Aleksandr Kuzmenko, Juraj Kirchheim and possibly Nicolas Cannasse.
- Starscend, built on OpenFL and Haxe, has been released for Android available now from the Play Store!
- New Kode Studio release is available for Windows & MacOS, with Linux builds on the way.
- New Haxe compiler plugin: Coro, which adds generic coroutines, with built-in support for async/await and generators.
- ArtsTech engine development log.
- Renaine Kickstarter Update
#21- Tokyo, Panels & Instant Games.
- More Rosetta Code, this time Neko and DNS.
- Justo Delgado and Lars Doucet join Terry Cavanagh’s Dicey Dungeons team.
- David Mouton will be talking at this years BDX.io about “Haxe 2018 : plus t’en mets plus t’en as”, in Bordeaux, 9th Novemeber 2018.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- The multi BAFTA award nominated game series Teach Your Monster to Read are looking for a Freelance Game Developer.
- Binkies 3D are looking a Front-end Haxe Developer to join them.
- Bradmax is looking for Haxe developer to join them.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Armory has released a new twin-stick shooter template, watch it in action.
- Add a video related to Haxe.
- CastleDB integration example for Kha.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the code.haxe.org cookbook.
- Atomic Modding + Scripting with hscript demo for Polymod.
- Scholae, a student project, is an example of using Haxe, ReactJS, Redux and UIKit.
- UI-system from Michael Bickel.
- Its possible to make dynamic lights with Haxe & HaxeFlixel.
- Bat dodge.
- Head on over to HaxeLib to checkout the latest library releases.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Ilya Malanin is creating improvements for the Haxe IntelliJ IDEA plugin.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Add support implied field names on object literals proposal.
- Add support for Default type parameters proposal.
- Add support for Backticks proposal.
- Add support for inlining functions at call location proposal.
- Add stack based tuples proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Add Inline markup literals.
- Add Module-level functions & variables.
- Add Type Matching.
- Add Macro method forwarding.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
39~ commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Allow enums to be used as default args pull request.
macro newpossibly coming to Haxe issue comment.
inline new C()expressions pull request.
[wip]Adding keyValueIterator pull request.
implements Dynamicsupport merged.
- Unicode regex pull request.
Iterator<T>spec regarding calling
- Use ES6
-D js-es >= 6pull request.
js.htmlexterns to Aug 2018 WebIDLs merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!