Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
4.0.0-preview.4has been released!
1.6has been released!
- The HaxeLib website has had several improvements made live!
- The Haxe VSCode
2.0.0extension has been released!
- Haxe: Cross-platform Development’s Best-kept Secret published on the Toptal Engineering Blog, resulting in some discussion on HackerNews.
- Forge of Empires has enabled their HTML5 build, made with OpenFL!
- Armory3D is out and free!
- OpenFL now has official support for Nintendo Switch and its free, once approved of course.
- Phil Chertok is planning a Haxe Feature Series, so reach out to get your story covered!
- You can now binge watch this years Haxe US Summit 2018!
- The Haxe Foundation teams adds a recurring donation option!
- Comparing Haxe, Dart and TypeScript bench.
- Help improve Haxe by filling out the Haxe User Survey!
- Matan is looking for HTML5 PixiJS devs to work on a kids math.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Proletariat Inc are looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to help them build their upcoming multiplayer game.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Armory3D Engine Series - Getting Started.
- Armory3D Engine Series - Scripting Basics.
- Kha Tutorial - EP083 - LERP.
- Kha Tutorial - EP084 - Random Range.
- Generating anonymous functions with the Haxe VSCode extension.
- Generating override signatures with the Haxe VSCode extension.
- Head on over to HaxeLib to checkout the latest library releases.
- [Lime] Alternatives to OpenAL issue.
- [Modular] Use Cherow for parsing instead of Acorn.js pull request.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Aurel Bílý is creating Haxe games and apps.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Ilya Malanin is creating improvements for the Haxe IntelliJ IDEA plugin.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Lubos & contributors are creating Armory, an open source 3D game engine in Blender.
- Add support for ES6 output proposal.
- Add support for inlining functions at call location proposal.
- Add stack based tuples proposal.
key => valueiteration syntax proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Global using at declaration site proposal.
@:nativeon structure fields.
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Add Inline markup literals.
- Add Module-level functions & variables.
- Add Type Matching.
- Add Macro method forwarding.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
50 commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Express function purity in the type system issue.
- [js] Enum as objects cleanup issue.
- Inline cleanup merged.
- Add support for Intersection Types,
Type1 & Type2syntax merged.
@:commutativemeta on non-static functions commit.
- Implement inline XML syntax to allow DSLs issue.
- Full Unicode support delayed until after Haxe
- Allow qualified metadata names commit, eg
enum abstractsyntax merged.
externfield syntax merged.
- Deprecate private structure fields commit.
- Add semver version support commit.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!