Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Read about the highlights of this years Haxe U.S Summit.
- Haxe call to arms, Improving Haxe Resources.
- Experimental Haxe REPL built on top of Node’s native REPL.
- Questions and suggestions are wanted for improving Golgi, the generic routing library.
- OpenFL console backends will be released with no license fee!.
8.1supports ActionScript 3 as a source language, now in beta.
- OpenFL Pirate Pig demo running in HTML5 using ActionScript 3 as the source language.
- sfGML is a custom Haxe compiler module that outputs code for GameMaker projects!
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- The HaxeFoundation are still looking for a compiler developer to join the team.
- Imagination Sydney is looking for a creative developer with Haxe experience to join them.
- Proletariat Inc are looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to help them build their upcoming multiplayer game.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Aurel Bílý is creating Haxe games and apps.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Ilya Malanin is creating improvements for the Haxe IntelliJ IDEA plugin.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Add support for inlining functions at call location proposal.
- Add stack based tuples proposal.
key => valueiteration syntax proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Global using at declaration site proposal.
@:nativeon structure fields.
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Add Inline markup literals.
- Add Module-level functions & variables.
- Add Type Matching.
- Add Macro method forwarding.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
53 commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last couple of week.
- Implement inline XML syntax to allow DSLs issue.
- Full Unicode support delayed until after Haxe
- Allow qualified metadata names commit, eg
enum abstractsyntax merged.
externfield syntax merged.
- Improve display handling merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!