Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Meet the HaxeFoundations new Marketing Director Phil Chertok who will be presenting
Blossom.hx: Growing Haxe Togetherat this years Haxe Summit!
- Haxe Summit 2018 developer interview with Nicolas Cannasse.
- Haxe Summit 2018 developer interview with Thomas J. Webb from Osaka Red LLC.
- Haxe Summit 2018 has been announced which will take place in Seattle, May 3-5 2018!
- This years Haxe Summit 2018 has a great deal with the Seattle Hilton.
- The Haxe Summit team can provide invitation letters to help get a US Visa to attend this years conference.
- FlowPlay are sponsoring this years Haxe Summit.
- You can now leave comments on the Haxe manual and code cookbook, powered by utteranc.es.
1.0.1of the Haxe Toolkit plugin for IntellilJ IDEA, Android Studio, and other JetBrains products has been released. IntelliJ-Haxe Release Announcement.
- The VSCode Haxe extension, Vshaxe
1.10.0has been released using some of VSCode’s API improvements.
- Slack iOS engineer who uses Haxe to write common text format parser for various server and client platforms wonders if Haxe can add swift target?
- CreativeMagic will be speaking about indie/freelance gamedev while teaching a student, using Haxe & OpenFL on April 27th. You can find out more on the community.haxe.org.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- The Haxe Foundation are recruiting! They are looking for a Compiler Developer and Marketing & Communications Evangelist to join them!.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the
- HaxeUI virtualization of the composite listview component.
- Double Kick Heroes has been released! Everything created with Haxe & OpenFL, from GPU to servers!
- Get it from Steam now!
1.2.0Fully supports Nintendo Switch, PS4, XboxOne.
v5supports HaxeLib dependencies merged.
- Kha gets initial working Hashlink support merged!
- Haxe modular now supports Uglifyjs merged.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Aurel Bílý is creating Haxe games and apps.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Ilya Malanin is creating improvements for the Haxe IntelliJ IDEA plugin.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Add support for complex type expressions proposal.
- Add a
Const<T>immutable wrapper type proposal.
- Add traits proposal.
- Add stack based tuples proposal.
key => valueiteration syntax proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Global using at declaration site proposal.
- Haxelib Replacement Stage 2.
@:nativeon structure fields.
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Add Inline markup literals.
- Add Module-level functions & variables.
- Add Type Matching.
- Add Macro method forwarding.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
35 commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
Sys.systemName()should be an enum abstract issue.
- [HXCPP] Add
3.4.7package has been uploaded to both Debian unstable and the HF PPA.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!