Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe Summit 2018 has been announced which will take place in Seattle, May 3-5 2018!
- This years Haxe Summit 2018 has a great deal with the Seattle Hilton.
- The Haxe Summit team can provide invitation letters to help get a US Visa to attend this years conference.
- FlowPlay are sponsoring this years Haxe Summit.
- Adi Reddy Mora, from GameSys and author of numerous Haxe projects has suddenly passed away. Help support his family in this difficult time by donating to the GoFundMe page.
- Checkout Haxe.org’s new video section!
- Haxe.org now has its own merchandise shop!
4.0.0-preview.3has been released! Featuring new function type syntax,
finalkeyword and more!
- You can now leave comments on the Haxe manual and code cookbook, powered by utteranc.es.
- New titles have been added to OpenFL’s showcase, including games from Ben 10, Tom & Jerry and Teen Titans Go.
[Poll]What unit test framework do you use?
- CreativeMagic will be speaking about indie/freelance gamedev while teaching a student, using Haxe & OpenFL on April 27th. You can find out more on the community.haxe.org.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Lars Doucet’s list of various open bounties.
- Docler Holding are look for an front end focused Engineering Manager to join them!
- The Haxe Foundation are recruiting! They are looking for a Compiler Developer and Marketing & Communications Evangelist to join them!.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the
- HaxeUI Buttons!
- PolyPainter, a class which allows you to draw textured and gradient triangles in Kha more easily.
- Unreal.hx UE
4.17has been released.
Haxe_in_Haxecan now compile a
jsHello World with a neko compiled Haxe compiler - commit.
- HaxePunk adds Abstract type for Degress/Radians - pull request.
- OpenFL is creating free open source software.
- HaxeFlixel is creating an open source, cross plaform 2D game engine.
- HaxeUI is creating an open source user interface libraries.
- Will Blanton is creating HaxeFlixel tutorials.
- Lewis Lepton is creating tutorials, code and videos.
- Dan Korostelev is working on the Haxe compiler.
- August Late is creating unique 2D lighting tech.
- Mark Knol is working on Haxe and its documentation.
- Aurel Bílý is creating Haxe games and apps.
- Eric Bishton is creating the Haxe plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
- Ilya Malanin is creating improvements for the Haxe IntelliJ IDEA plugin.
- Matthew Wallace is creating Haxe By Example tutorials.
- Slava Ra is creating improvements for FlashDevelop and HaxeDevelop.
- Add support for complex type expressions proposal.
- Add a
Const<T>immutable wrapper type proposal.
- Add traits proposal.
- Add stack based tuples proposal.
key => valueiteration syntax proposal.
- Add polymorphic
- Global using at declaration site proposal.
- Haxelib Replacement Stage 2.
@:nativeon structure fields.
- Add Type parameter variance for Enums.
- Add Default values for enum parameters.
- Add Inline markup literals.
- Add Module-level functions & variables.
- Add Type Matching.
- Add Macro method forwarding.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
14 commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
3.4.7package has been uploaded to both Debian unstable and the HF PPA.
EComplexTypeexpression variant pull request.
- Setup tests for source maps pull request.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!