Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
News and Articles
- Follow the new Haxe Summit twitter account.
- The Haxe Summit schedule has been released!.
- HaxeFlixel Introduces Nick.
- Gigantic new Armory builds have just landed, checkout the crazy amount of new content.
- An introduction to WebWrap, a wrapper to facilitate cross platform building web services.
Upcoming Events & Talks
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
Job Offers & Bounties
- MGames are looking for a Haxe developer to join them in Vilnius or Kiev.
- Secret Media are looking for full stack Haxe developer to join them, who are a remote friendly company.
- InnoGames are looking for Haxe and OpenFL game developers to work on Forge of Empires.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
Watch the post-mortem of how FlowPay transitioned their flagship MMO from Actionscript to Haxe.
- Base64 encoding article.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the
Previews & Demos
Apps & Games
- Buying a speed potion & the potion shop.
- Website for the HaxeFlixel made game Cheap Golf.
App & Game Releases
- Fluff Eaters gets two new worlds and 48 new levels, available from the App Store and Google Play.
Some Library Releases
Updates from the Haxe core
- Add Default values for enum parameters
- Add Inline markup literals.
- Add Support for code blocks.
- Add Module-level functions & variables.
- Add Function type syntax.
- Add Type Matching.
- Add Macro method forwarding.
- Add Union Types.
- Add the Spread operator.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
15 commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Can’t extract forwarded fields of abstract - fixed.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!