Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe Summit 2017 has been announced taking place in Amsterdam between September 13th and 16th at “de Roos”. Get your early bird tickets now!
- Haxe Nightly builds are back!
- Writing an Inkscape parser for OpenFL.
- MotionTwins upcoming game Dead Cell’s uses the Heaps library and Hashlink VM via Sébastien Bénard.
- Cross-platform game development with Haxe and OpenFL at SyntaxCon 2017 May 18th 2017 by Phillip Gibson.
- Francis Bourre will be talking about Haxe at DevDays Vilnius on May 17th-19th 2017.
- Andy Li and Kevin Leung are hosting a workshop at this years Hong Kong Open Source Conference on how building a cross-platform game on June 9th-10th.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Fishing Cactus Games are looking for several programmers to work on porting Flash games, you can find out more details in the full job posting.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Working with Dates and Time.
- Assignment destructuring macro from haxe-strings library.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the
- HaxeFlixel demos have been updated with a BlendModeShaders demo.
- Screenshots of pman a desktop media player written entirely in Haxe.
- Termtype preview which allows you to write Aesop’s fables within terminal.
- Triangulations previewing Rupperts algorithm.
- FODBOLD game is back in developement!
- Exilium SLOMO MODE.
- Random ship room generation.
- Roof Rage duel, Jin vs Guan preview, made with OpenFL.
- Getting a grasp of HaxeFlixel.
- Skybox video preview made with Kha.
- The Data Tweet tool created by Tavrox allows you to analyze Twitter accounts, made with haxe-js-kit.
- Pin-Town made with OpenFL available to play on Newgrounds and pretty much every platform!
- Speebot is now on Steam Greenlight so getting voting!
- HaxeFlixel OpenFL 5 compatibility pull request.
- OpenFL and Lime Unicode support using the Unifill library pull requests.
- Allow context specific keywords for field & variable names.
- Add Type Matching.
- Add Macro method forwarding.
- Add Generator Expressions.
- Support Inline XML.
- Add Union Types.
- Add the Spread operator.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
37 commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Remove dynamic g/setters from Record macros while targeting Neko - merged.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!