Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
- Haxe Summit 2017 has been announced taking place in Amsterdam between September 13th and 16th at “de Roos”.
- Away3D is officially part of OpenFl.
- littleBLASTplanet Ludum Dare 38 post-mortem.
- The Vista Basic language server and bytecode interpreter are written in Haxe, find out more in the Vista Basic tech overview article.
- Five OpenFL Extension for Android article.
- Cross-platform game development with Haxe and OpenFL at SyntaxCon 2017 May 18th 2017 by Phillip Gibson.
- Add an upcoming event about Haxe.
- Fishing Cactus Games are looking for several programmers to work on porting Flash games, you can find out more details in the full job posting.
- Add an available job involving Haxe.
- Lewis Lepton is continuing to create great Kha tutorials as well as expanding into offering music and art through Patreon.
- Ilya Malanin is working to fix and improve the IntelliJ Haxe plugin.
- Implementing infinitely scrolling 2D backgrounds with HaxeFlixel.
- Have an example you want to add? Consider contributing to the
- Early preview of the new macro interpreter
- Armory3D renderer advancements
- HaxeUI app preview
- Minimal HaxeFlixel pixel art preview
- New explosion animations with luxe engine
- 3D first person game using luxe engine
- From concept art to implementing 2D lighting
- Running bear
- Running bear and a magic tree
- Latest fake text mode update
- Work on a zero text tutorial for Jetstream
- Grand Gin Rummy is GameDuells first ever Haxe only game release.
- Jelly Blocks built with HaxeFlixel available from itch.io for Web, Windows and Android.
- Shop Keeper built for
- littleBLASTplanet made with HaxeFlixel for LD38.
- Allow context specific keywords for field & variable names.
- Add Type Matching.
- Add Macro method forwarding.
- Add Generator Expressions.
- Support Inline XML.
- Add Union Types.
- Add the Spread operator.
- Do you have an idea to improve Haxe? Consider creating a proposal.
46 commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
- Improve variable names in inline constructors - merged.
- The new macro interpreter dev repo.
- Intial server compilation tests.
You can get started using the latest features by downloading a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!