Welcome to the latest edition of the Haxe Roundup. Haxe is a high level, strictly typed programming language and cross-compiler.
The World Wide Haxe Conference 2016 crowd-funding campaign has been successfully funded! The campaign gained a total of
Justin Donaldson has written an introduction article to the 10th target Lua, Hello Lua!, over on the HF blog detailing the basics to getting start quickly.
Vadim has written about adding C-Style Enums to Haxe via macros, with the implementation being very small. To me this sort of feature should be considered a core language feature, as this macro proves its possible.
Lubos Lenco has written two articles, the first, a detailed introduction to his game engine currently code named
Cycles Game Engine which uses Kha as a solid foundation, employing Haxe’s cross-platform nature for the game engine and also for Blender plugins. The second, an in-depth article on how to implement Subsurface Scattering.
- Kha turtle implementation.
- Announcing Clothsoul on TIGForum by Carpetwurm.
- HaxeFlixel-based Willy and Mathilda’s Houseboat Adventure Game TIGForum devlog by KJB of IBwWG.
- TiVo acquired by patent giant Rovi for $1.1 billion.
And this week’s videos.
- Kha tutorial 19. All about Timers.
- DC/AC Virtual Labs auto connecting wires.
- FOSDEM 2016 Haxe talk video online by David Elahee.
- Haxe lecture 19th of May at Frontend-Developer-Meetup-Amsterdam presented by Matthijs Kamstra.
- WWX2016 Haxe Conference at Mozilla Paris between 27th-30th May. Crowd-funding has successfully been funded!
- Add an upcoming event which will be about Haxe.
- HaxeFlixel $150 bounty adding
FlxScaleModewith customizable Shader.
- OpenFL $50 bounty by making filters work, but not with
- Haxe developer at LiveJasmin in Luxembourg.
- Front End Engineer in Luxembourg at Docler Holding.
- Add an available job which involves Haxe.
- Buttons go haywire in Hegemone Pass.
- Locked gates! Hurry! in Hegemone Pass.
- Conveyor Belts in Hegemone Pass.
- Air Bubbles in Hegemone Pass.
- Pixel ninja, pirate, wizard, knight, … HaxeFlixel game.
- Creatures running in Haxe and HaxeFlixel.
- Sakura, new levels and features, some progress and a new level.
- NPC’s built with HaxeFlixel.
- Hard shadow prototype in Kha.
- Multi process web-server built with Abe, NodeJS and Cluster.
- Success with pivot tiles in Kha.
- Swept under the rug in Clothsoul.
67 commits have been made to Haxe compiler in the last week.
--waitstdio pull request.
- Haxe Lua logo pull request.
- Haxe compiler moving to OCaml 4.
- Type guard feature discussion.
You can start using the latest features by grabbing a nightly build of Haxe.
Take it easy everyone and have a good week!